Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Beauty and Fashion Favorites!

                  NEW YEARS RESOLUTION: I will blog more often. It has become quite pitiful. So, to start of my resolution strong here are my favorite/most used beauty products and clothing items of 2012!

             
                      My favorite face product for 2012 is the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. My skin is very pale, and I have trouble finding light enough, non yellowy shades. This is the perfect shade and gives just enough coverage. It's also perfect for the winter when my skin tends to get dry.


         My favorite blush of 2012 is a MAC blush in Peachy Keen. It is peachy, obviously, and slightly golden with a little bit of shimmer. I think it is perfect for all seasons.


       I have two favorite eye products. The first is my Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I actually live under a rock and had never really heard about eye shadow primer until this year. It is so wonderful, and now I can't wear eyeshadow without it. My second favorite is my L'oreal Eye Illuminator eyeliner. It has black eye liner on one side and white on the other. I really only ever use the white, but I LOVE wearing it in my inner corners and along the inside bottom half of my lower lashline. It makes my eyes looks so much bigger and awake. 

    
             My favorite mascara for 2012 was Lancome's Hypnose Doll Lashes. It made my lashes really long and thick. But I got a new mascara for Christmas, Benefit's They're Real!, and I love it to the moon and back. My lashes are more curled and separated when I use this mascara. So, the Benefit one is my new favorite.


          I have two favorite lip products. Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm is my favorite lip balm. I wear it when my lips are really dry, before I go to sleep, and if I just want a bit of shine. It also smells wonderful.


           My absolute favorite lipstick of 2012 is a Chanel lipstick in Pirate. It's a beautiful, dark pink red that reminds me of autumn and leaves and berries. I love wearing it to add a pop of color to everyday outfits.


                     The Epidermal Re-texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion scrub my Kiehl's is the best face scrub ever and my favorite skin care product of 2012. It feels like tiny little grains of sand are scrubbing away all your old skin and leaving a fresh, new face. 

                
         I'm not sure if this is my favorite nail polish of 2012, but it has definitely been the most worn. Which makes sense, I guess, since orange was the color of the year.  I wore Meet Me at Sunset by Essie with swimsuits, sweaters, flip flops, and boots. 

           
          I have thick, curly hair, and I hadn't ever found a shampoo and conditioner that really tamed it until I found this. The Smooth Lock shampoo and conditioner by Redken is seriously life changing. I really did notice a difference in my hair; it was smoother and less frizzy. There are no doubts that this is my favorite hair product of 2012.


          My favorite perfume is Coco Mademoiselle. It smells so magical and people always tell me how wonderful it smells. I also can't get over how cute the packaging is.


       My favorite clothing item of 2012 has been this medley of shorts above. I wore them with sandals in the summer and tights and boots in the fall. Shorts and boots are my favorite things to wear, especially if you through in a fun pair of tights and a cozy sweater.

  
    My favorite accessory of 2012 is scarves. I have accumulated quite the scarf wardrobe, and I'm pretty sure I wear one almost everyday. They go with everything and they're super cozy. What's not to love about them?


           
                     I couldn't decide which shoes meant more to me, so I included them both. I love wearing my Steve Madden combat boots with skinny jeans, shorts, and dresses. They're the most versatile shoe ever. But a guy at Nordstrom picked out the most perfect Sam Edelman sandals for me, and I'm pretty sure I wore them everyday of the summer. These are both my favorite shoes of 2012.


        Tomorrow I'll post my non-beauty and non-fashion favorites like my favorite movie, song, book, etc. I hope everyone has an amazing start to the new year. I'll be at school which is uber depressing, but  oh well. Tell me what your favorite products of 2012 are in the comments below. I really would love to know!

No comments: