Ohemgee, Thanksgiving has already come and gone. I could've sworn yesterday was the first day of school. But I'm glad it's not because it's almost Christmas time! Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year, and it always seems to go by so fast. While I was browsing Pinterest I came across a bit of rare magic, the 25 days of Christmas! It's like spreading all of the wonderful things I love about the holidays into 25 wonderful days. So, here are some ideas!
1. Christmas Music! Either make a playlist on your phone, or listen to the Christmas Pandora station, but Christmas music is a must.
2. Fill an angel tree bag, send letters to soldiers, or give presents to kids in the hospital. It's so much fun seeing the joy of Christmas spread.
3. Watch a Christmas movie with peppermint sundaes! I LOVE them all.
4. Have a cookie swap. Cookies + Christmas = Perfection
5. Attend a Christmas Parade
6. Decorate your house (tree, stockings, lights, etc.) while drinking hot chocolate and listening to Christmas tunes.
7. Make a gingerbread house, decorate sugar cookies, and try other holiday treats!
8. Drive around and look at all of the Christmas lights while drinking hot chocolate and listening to Christmas music.
9. Go shopping for Christmas ornaments.
10. Go see The Nutcracker or a Christmas play.
11. Send heartfelt, thoughtful Christmas cards to 25 people (one for each day) who have really influenced and inspired you.
12. Read the nativity story.
13. Play board games by the fire. Go ahead and drink hot chocolate and listen to Christmas music here too.
14. Go caroling, make snowflakes, take a picture with Santa, and drink a Starbucks holiday drink while wearing a cozy, oversized fair isle christmas sweater.
15. Take treats to neighbors, friends, and family.
16. Buy or make presents and wrap them.
17. Christmas DIY projects: ornaments, cards, decorations, etc. I can spend hours on Pinterest looking at Christmas crafts.
18. Go ice skating (I wish...)
19. One of my personal favorites, go to Williams-Sonoma and enjoy all their Christmas treats. Their hot chocolate and peppermint bark are about as Christmas-y as you can get.
20. One of my favorite parts about Christmas is attending the Candlelight Christmas Eve service at my church.
21. Play Dirty Santa with your friends
22. Or do Secret Santa which is more personal and thoughtful.
23. Enjoy a big Christmas morning breakfast
24. Pick out the perfect holiday looks to wear to parties and shindigs. I'm usually not into sparkle but for the holidays, it's a must.
25. Every year I read Who is Stealing the Twelve Days of Christmas? It's a kid's chapter book, but it's tradition. I love reading a Christmas-esqe novel curled up on the couch with some hot chocolate.
December will be here before you know it! I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving. Check back tomorrow for more posts! THANK YOU for reading!! :)
What's you favorite thing about Christmas? Leave a comment below. Do it.