Monday, January 28, 2013

Long Time No See

                       Hey lovely ladies! It has been forever and a day since I posted last! Recently, my friends, Emily and Rachel, and I thought we'd be a little crafty and attempt a DIY sweater project. Our idea was to use fabric paint and sponges to ombre a plain sweater. The idea was adorbs, but the execution wasn't our finest. I'm not totally sure what went wrong. It could of been the type of sweaters we bought, the paint, or just the overall idea. Rachel's sweater turned out all right, but my sweater ended up in a wet, colorful pile on the floor. Anyway, I thought I'd share some pictures from our DIY disaster!


We were pretty optimistic practicing our sponge techniques.


Then things started to go downhill.



This is about when Emily and I gave up.



This is Rachel's sweater. It will probably be the only one to see the light of day.


         The sweaters were pretty terrible, but we laughed so much at how bad they were that it was worth it! We salvaged the night by ditching the sweaters for sushi and Chickfila cookies and cream milkshakes. If you know of any spectacular, amazing, FAIL-PROOF diys for people like us let me know!


No comments: